None of the following warrants an actual post but I have a few observations that I thought I would share with you:
1. I nearly fell off my chair laughing Tuesday when I read this in an EB Letter to the Editor “I thank God that there were 3,402 intelligent citizens who voted for Kevin Lloyd“. This was from a chap named Kevin Murray. Kevin must have owed Kevin a huge solid to write this nonsense in a very public forum.
2. Just when I was starting to like Mad Dog, he gives me a swift pejorative kick in the never regions. I visited Bob a couple of Saturdays ago. We had a good chat and it ended up that he agreed to answering a few questions for a blog post. I sent him the questions and he very quickly responded that he was quite busy give him a few days. So I waited, and I waited, and I waited some more……….. Nothing. So last weekend I sent him a quick reminder and he responded very quickly apologized because of March break and said he would get something to me the following day. So I waited, and I waited, and I waited some more…….Nothing. I texted Bob 3 days ago, this time no response. Not to worry I will still get a post out of this. I will still ask the questions and have VFAN Imagine what Bob would say……… so stay tuned for that one, it might be fun.
3. I was sad to hear that Marcus Ferman was leaving Collus for greener pastures. I have had my various axes to grind in this space about him but I think he was very competent at his job and will be sorely missed at our local utility. I wish him and his family the very best of luck in the future.
4. Not sure if this one has any legs or not but there is a rumour floating around that the town is ready to get out of the electrical distribution portion of Collus.
5. I was quite surprised at the views my last two posts received. I wrote about that experience purely for selfish reasons. A few people were upset at my treatment of Mr. Holdout and did not share my “means justified the end” approach. It takes a certain type of arrogant asshole to hang eleven people out to dry for 4 days. As much as can be achieved in cases like this in this country, I believe I helped give those 2 poor kids a certain amount of justice.
6. At Monday evenings meeting of the Development and Operations Services Standing Committee, they voted on whether Mariners Haven will get their gate. Cam Ecclestone was away. Kathy Jeffery voted not to approve and Kevin Lloyd voted to approve. This will now go before council with no clear directive from this committee. Mark todays date down, as this is the first time I have agreed with Kevin Lloyd on something.
7. Finally someone is taking a serious look at a major overhaul, rebuild or expansion of General and Marine hospital. In an EB interview with Guy Chartrand the CEO of G and M and he said “I think you are looking at two years before anything is kicked off”. This is long overdue I hope it happens.