Oh my God this one was soooo boring I had to nudge the lady next to me three times to wake her up. But Steve Berman was writing notes furiously, I don’t get it. Oh well onward and upward…………..
1. Public meeting to allow Ace Cabs new digs. It’s going on Raglan and Connell street. No public questions. I had one question: How come the Ace Cab drivers only take cash?
2. Another public meeting to allow a gas station at the corner of Hume and Pretty River Parkway. Plan includes a restaurant and convenience store. It’s about time we got a gas station at that end of town.
3. Seems like a few people are a bit miffed about this community based Strategic Plan Steering Advisory Committee, me included. This calls for a blog………
4. Here’s the list of names for the community based strategic plan steering committee that was voted for and approved by council: Jim Gosnell, Anthony Griffiths, Peter Tollefsen, Kelly McKenna, George Czerny, Robert Johnson, Tom LePage, Frank Orlando, Jamie Berman. I have only heard of two of these people.
5. Mariners Haven gate gets kicked down the road again. Looks like a compromise is in the air. I suggest electric fence, guard towers, and German shepherds.
6. Myself and Bob were napping tonight. Everyone is playing too nice. Don’t they know I have a blog to write.
7. Seems like the town might be getting LED street lights.
8. Town approved Elvis festival service providers. RFP selections. Deputy Mayor asked whether prices are in line with previous years. I would have asked why are we as a town paying for any of these services? Let’s get this out of the towns hands. But all I keep hearing is: Three more years!! Three more years!!!
9. Hume Street and Minnesota street trail crossing is already $600k over budget. Not a good start. Design looks like a dogs breakfast. Dogs breakfast gets approved 8 -1. Deb opposed.
10. Because…….Deb mentioned a $10M cycling fund that the provincial government has just made available. Now someone is talking some sense. Good for Deb.